SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
feekaane
Style_council
feekaane

I’m breaking out horribly and would like to know if anyone could suggest any good moisturizers or remedies? Thanks so much! I would love to hear you ladies share your stories!

posted almost 9 years ago
SecretB5StopsAcne
Style_council
SecretB5Stop...

Honey is a great remedy for skin blemishes and acne because honey has antibacterial property that kills bacteria. Applying honey for 10-15 min. on the face before washing off with warm water, keeps the skin supple & fresh looking. You can mix half a spoon of sugar in your regular face wash while washing your face. This would work as a best scrub and you can keep away black heads and other dead cells.

girlpanic
Style_council
girlpanic

I’ll have to give that a try. For a cleanser, I very much like Cetaphil for normal to oily skin. It’s free of harsh dyes or fragrances that can irritate skin even more. I also like their lotion/creams since they are also created for sensitive skin. Lately, I’ve been very keen on OXY clinical clearing treatment— this can be drying for your skin though so I like to switch it out for burt’s bees blemish stick. It’s a roll-on filled with lots of natural good for you herbs and such. I know your struggle, I’ve tried a million things, I hope this helps! (PS everything listed is $8 or under)

thriftophile
New_user thriftophile is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When thriftophile reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
thriftophile

Drink more water and go make-up free for awhile. That ALWAYS clear my face up! :-)

TODAY I’M WEARING

jadamiranda
Style_council
jadamiranda

I have acne mostly on my jawline. I use cleansing milk and moisturizer from Omorovicza.
To remove make up, I use extra virgin olive oil and let it stay for 30 minutes, sort of face mask.

Padme
Style_council
Padme

Retin – A (but I find it in Italy); it’s a moisture made with retinol, really very effective for skin impure and acne, but be careful to use it as you need it just a little. Remove your make up everyday, and drink a lot of water

somewearintyme
Style_council
somewearintyme

I mix my own things lol. Parsley, lavander, thyme is all really good for the skin, I make a “tea” out of them and them put it on my skin like astringent. Using seaweed its easier to just buy the sheets instead of waste the sushi1 you only need a little bit, put it in some warm water until it breaks apart and put it on your face for 10 mins. then wash it off.

kathyymoose
New_user kathyymoose is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When kathyymoose reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
kathyymoose

Acne is mostly caused by stress. Try taking any stress away and relax and pamper yourself once in a while. I would reccomend the Cetaphil line of acne products because it’s gentle on skin or try the Burt’s Bees line because it has natural ingredients. Try drinking lots to water to replenish your skin, too.

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

Great tips. I am also suffering from acne, adult acne to be precise and it is nothing like I have encountered before. Chin and cheeks are insanely bumpy, red, and when one goes away, another pops right up! I’ve just ordered the clarisonic to finally try it out and also will be doing some chemical peels. Hopefully something works!

fairytales
Style_council
fairytales

For a more long term solution, you could try going on the pill (if you aren’t already taking it). If you speak to your doctor and say you want one specifically to help with your acne, they should be able to prescribe something for you. My skin has been almost perfect since I started a new pill :)

MelissaFFF
Style_council
MelissaFFF

my skincare regimen is a old but great 1 ,i wash my face w/ dove sensitive skin soap, then i cleanse it w/ witchhazel and 4 a moisturizer i use vaseline 2-3 nights a week , and my face has been clear 4 the past 4yrs and i believe that it starts w/ what u put into ur body drink h20 and eat lots of carrots they r amazing 4 ur skin

jadamiranda
Style_council
jadamiranda

I ahve also used salicylic acid. I’m all cleared up now but I still continue using this as advised.

staystitching
Style_council
staystitching

make sure you’re getting enough sleep, drinking enough water, and eating well

Abigail17
Style_council
Abigail17

You definitely need to drink enough water, get enough sleep, and exersize. But my favorite moisturizer is Say Yes to Carrots daily moisture with natural SPF 15. Make sure any product you use is non-comodegenic, which means it won’t clog your pores. remember to exfoliate only 1-2 a week, or you run the risk of over-drying your face and increasing oil production. if all else fails, see a derm!!

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Another great tip is to make your own face masks. I use them a couple times a week to soothe and heal my skin :) A combination of 1 tbsp yogurt, honey and a squeeze of lime mixed up and then left on your face feels amazing :D the lime juice helps to dry out the pimples and the yogurt and honey add moisture and soothe. Hope that helps!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password