Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mlx
Style_council
mlx

NI-HOW :))
I grew up taking care of my skin.. and my mom always told me I was to young to use toner.
Now I am 18 and have no idea what it is for~
To use it or not?
Please help :)

posted over 11 years ago
GirlfriendInAComa
Style_council
GirlfriendIn...

It refreshes your skin. I like using Dickinson’s Witch Hazel, it’s all natural and cleans my pores out great. I use it every night before moisturizing.

posted over 11 years ago

Tali
Style_council
Tali

agreed. sometimes i mix mine with biore triple astrngent because it contains salytic acid, which fights acne.
Its like third ingredient is natural witch hazel, so i figure why not mix them.

posted over 11 years ago

cindy
Style_council
cindy

toner is used to tighten the pores and remove any residue of cleanser or dirt from your face. it works especially well on people with oily skin like mine. keep on using it, its good for you!

posted over 11 years ago

MichelleYue
Style_icon
MichelleYue

It definitely makes my skin feel cleaner… I use Burt’s Bees tomato toner, but I like the Molton Brown Emporium toner the most. I need to order some T_T

posted over 11 years ago

lmowbray
Style_council
lmowbray

toners are used to even out the pH of your skin. most facewashes are pretty harsh, really basic or acidic, so they leave your skin really unbalanced. so toners bring your skin back to a neutral or close-to neutral pH level. i use the keihl’s tea tree toner. it’s for oily to normal-oily skin, but it’s not really drying. it’s kind of moisturizing. i love it:)

posted about 11 years ago

fauxfur
Style_council
fauxfur

It’s great, as long as you use moisturizer (with SPF!) after, else it might cause dryness, especially if the toner contains alcohol.

harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

Avoid Clinique’s 2-step toner like the plague – it strips your skin of all its oil, including the ones you actually need, and it removes nail varnish. I used to use it, thinking it was really pure and good for you, but the girls in department stores use the stuff to clean the counter! Ergo: really not something you want to put on your skin.

I’ve heard great things about tea tree toners, though: might be worth looking into them.

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

amazing natural skincare routine for clear soft skin:
-tea tree oil face cleansing pads (all natural)
-dr. haushka clarifying toner (all natural)
-a night cream of your choice, I like origins or clinique, though clinique is not natural.

posted almost 10 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’ve been using a natural alcohol free toner from Whole Foods for about a year now… and I haven’t been using any face makeup since then because I don’t need to.

Basically, I’m a pick-whatever’s-cheapest-at-Whole-Foods advocate.

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

it really depends on your skin type. it kinda cleans your face and pores more after washing with your daily cleanser. If you use toner too much, it could end up drying out your skin. I say if you don’t need it, you shouldn’t spend extra money on it. :)

ajaangg
Style_council
ajaangg

it makes my face feel more refreshing after using my cleanser

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

just make sure whatever toner you use does not contain alcohol as that will dry out your skin. i recently just purchases merlot toner, 100% natural and I really like it

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

makes your pores smaller

I don’t really use toner though, even though I have some

Brinomonster22
Style_council
Brinomonster22

Most toners have alcohol which dries your skin. A regular face cleanser should remove all the dirt a toner would if you wash well.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password