SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
thatgreengentleman
Style_council
thatgreengen...

Why do I find it so hard for me to apply liquid eyeliner evenly? i always make it thicker on one part of the eye compared to the other.. then I have to even it out and I just make a mess and start over. Am I alone on this? haha
thanks all <3

B

posted over 10 years ago
lyudaaaa
Style_council
lyudaaaa

i used to do that too, haha. but i use this liquid eye liner pen & it turns out a lot better. & whichever side has more eyeliner, i let it dry. then take a baby wipe & even it out.

posted over 10 years ago

thatgreengentleman
Style_council
thatgreengen...

I still mess it up if i did something like that! ahaha

posted over 10 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Try with pencil first, and once you get the hang of it, go onto liquid. Supposedly it helps to make little dots then connect them, but I’ve never tried that. I just got so used to it. Oh, when I wear it, I usually do the outer half first, then go in to the inner half starting at the end of it.

posted over 10 years ago

thatgreengentleman
Style_council
thatgreengen...

I’ll try that instead of lining the whole eye at once! thanks.

posted over 10 years ago

StrawberryFields
Style_council
StrawberryFi...

Even make up artists find liquid eyeliner hard.
Urban Decays liquid eyeliner is really good,as catherine suggested putting pencil on first then going over it with the liquid is a good idea.

posted over 10 years ago

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

i know i’ve said this before, but you should definitely try the shu uemura liquid eyeliner pen. it has a tip like the end of a calligraphy brush and it’s very exact.

having said that, it also takes a lot of trial and error and practice. if i mess up, i wet the end of a q-tip and gently wipe away the mistake and try again. some people use a small angled brush to mark the area where they will be lining with some pale eyeshadow as a guide.

good luck!

posted over 10 years ago

pammella
Style_council
pammella

I find an eyeliner pencil works – so, I stay with that – is there some advantage to liquid eyeliner?

posted over 10 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

you should line half of your eye from the middle first, then go back and line the inner part of your eye, extending it to the end. if it’s uneven on either eye, go over your initial line until both eyes are even.

posted over 10 years ago

cassiepaige
Style_council
cassiepaige

I used to make my eyeliner like Cleopatra! But thankfully I’ve done it so many times that I’ve mastered what looks good on my face. I do what frenchieee said, I only put eyeliner on half of my eye!

posted over 10 years ago

thatgreengentleman
Style_council
thatgreengen...

to answer your question pammella, i find that liquid eyeliner is more precise on the top lid for me. i use both pencil and liquid. also liquid is good for dark defining eyes. its very much darker than pencil would come out. its more dramatic. cons: messy, hard to make even, watery sometimes

posted over 10 years ago

pammella
Style_council
pammella

Thanks for the reply – makes sense

posted over 10 years ago

asphyxiat3dxp
Style_council
asphyxiat3dxp

I’m so used to using liquid and I wing mine at the end, so thats pretty hard to make even on both sides. But as, I assume, everyone knows that its hard to fix liquid liner, so, when I first discovered liquid liner, I was told on a forum on some other website, that it can help if you start lining your eyes with pencil, just lightly, nothing perfect, then go over it with the liquid. It helps you find your place, and you have a guide. Also, it helps prevent cracking because you have a base, and it lasts longer. Though its not very money efficient, since you are using two products for the same thing. Hopefully maybe that helps some people? And pencil is easier to fix, if you mess up, forgot to add that!

posted over 10 years ago

New_user 35263 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 35263 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

i suck at it too. i envy those who can do the flick thing at the end :(

posted over 10 years ago

flattery
Style_icon
flattery

I use revlon I think. It’s really second nature to me, I’ve been doing it for like 4 years…but tips i have would be to start in the middle of the eyelid. Determine the thickness. Then make a very smooth and gradual line from the inner corner of your eye to that thickness, then whatever you want to do such as a flick is up to you.

posted over 10 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password