SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
merissa
Style_council
merissa

i have them on my hips because they expanded as i grew so they are very very light but im tan so u can tell if you focus really well on them so i need to know how to get rid of them or atleast make them less visible

i used strivectin but i had to put it on 3 times a day and it smelled like peppermint !

i need something better

posted about 10 years ago
sakki89
Style_council
sakki89

I’ve heard lotion with cocoa butter works. There’s a brand named Palmer at Walmart you can try.

Mederma brand came out with a new stretch mark product. Not sure if it good. But their scar product are good it get rid of some of my acne scar. So I assume the stretch mark would work well.

summerlyne
Style_council
summerlyne

i think that your best bet is to make something from scratch. like a home remedy. they have a bunch of recipes online. i haven’t been able to make me one yet! i’m most positive it’ll work as i’ve made one for my hair/scalp before and it worked like a CHARM.

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

The stretch marks on my thighs (thank you, puberty— I grew so fast my skin couldn’t keep up!) are probably the #1 complaint about my appearance. However, it sounds like the sad truth is once you have them, you can’t get rid of them— only diminish their appearance.

Especially if your stretch marks are new, it’s a good idea to treat them like a scar. Rub Vitamin E oil or cocoa butter in after a shower. Get lots of Vitamin A, C, and E, fatty acids (vegetable oil, fish oil), and zinc in your diet. Apparently eating less salt can diminish their appearance, too, so avoid too many salty snacks on days they might be visible, like at the beach.

Drink lots of water to prevent future stretch marks.

kaydyanful
Style_council
kaydyanful

ya..id rather just try some cocoa butter…

JusticePirate
Style_council
JusticePirate

I’m going to be frank with you.
if your stretch marks are not red, but are light – there is nothing you can do about them unless you get surgery on them. If they are new and red, I recommend the Vitamin E plain capsules to rub on them twice a day. It WILL get rid of them only if they are red. Perhaps it will lighten them if not.

I had a beautiful stomach but gained doubled what I should have gained when pregnant with my first son (60 pounds. bad thing!). I have stretch marks that cover my stomach. If I gained the normal weight I would never have any (which with my second son I did that properly and didn’t get any new ones). I put cocoa butter on my skin a lot and it didn’t rid of them, just lightened them. I also used the Mama Mio stretch mark to zap serious stretch marks and still it just lightened them. they’re there still without improving. Also they are on my upper thighs. I bought Vitamin E capsules that I would pop and rub all over my stomach for a good year after every shower. . still there just white. So three years after having my first son, I still have all these marks, and that’s that. I lost hope.

itwentBOOM
Style_council
itwentBOOM

I agree with sakki89. I used to use Palmer’s Cocoa Butter for stretch marks and it was really good.

Sadly, over time I’ve got more stretch marks so I need to go back to using it!

mariezee
Style_council
mariezee

Try Retin-A or Retinol. Not sure where you live but I think in the US you need a prescription for it. I get mine in Mexico where you can get it over-the-counter. It’s good for darker stretch marks but may work for lighter as well.

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

Cocoa butter is awesome, my best friend just had a child 3 months ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

OMG! I gained a lot of weight!! (damn birth control) and got stretch marks on my side, but they’re red!! They look sooo gross!!
JusticePirate _ i will deff try that! I thought those didn’t go away!! I was freakin out!! N i thought it was weird cuz I’m dark, and I thought light people got the red kinda stretch marks!!

But I’ve heard cocoa butter works. they have this lil oil thing at Walgreens…forgot the brand, but it smells lk pineapples, and my cousin used to use that, and I don’t think it completely took them away., but it did make them lighter….

heck
Style_council
heck

I tried cocoa butter and vitamin e oil and neither worked, at all

sveravalove
Style_council
sveravalove

‘Bio Oil’ really helps supposedly- try www.chemistonline.co.uk they seem to be the cheapest suppliers of the stuff!

chellelinyoung
Style_council
chellelinyoung

I gave birth like 5 yrs ago, and I was only 15 yrs old back then. I gain weight when I was pregnant and now Im super petite. I have a lot of stretch marks (stomach,thighs even on my legs), but when I used Palmer’s cocoa butter it works, its not that visibly anymore. but still it wont get rid your stretch marks it will just make it LESS visible. you have to be patient with what you use, I’am now using Palmer’s for like 2 yrs. its making my marks less visibly each time I use them!. dont loose hope.

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

I have a lot of stretch marks (light ones), but I’m not sure how I got them. I was chubby as a child and lost weight as I grew older… so it seems like I shouldn’t have them lol I’ve recently heard that they are genetic though (but my mom doesn’t have them!)

JackieEileen
Style_council
JackieEileen

stretch marks are my enemy, i have them everywhere for like no reason at all.. my old stretch marks are lighter than my skin, take the fake tan lotion and wear it. (don’t over do it, you’ll look orange) you won’t be able to see them.

posted almost 10 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password