Twitter
Googleplus
wendyrv
New_user wendyrv is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When wendyrv reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
wendyrv

For great pictures try to use daylight so it wont alterate your skin tone or your wardrobe. Try different angles as well to enhace different outfits for example:
Miniskirt – try to photograph it from a low point of view to extend your legs to heaven!

Please free to post your own photoshoot tips
xoxo

posted almost 9 years ago
rashi_rajguru
New_user rashi_rajguru is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When rashi_rajguru reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
rashi_rajguru

if you love shooting outside and can get your hands on one, try experimenting with a reflector (or anything you can use as a makeshift – i’ve used a foam board and wrapped it with shiny metallic kitchen foil) to get even lighting – if you position it right you can make sure you/the model has an evenly lighted face, to stop “nose shadows”. :)

posted over 8 years ago

Phuonglet
Style_council
Phuonglet

I also take my own photos and find focusing the camera and then using the timer to run into the frame isn’t the easiest thing to do… I guess I could use a larger depth of field but then you lose that blurry background effect… Any one have any tips on how to make self-photography easier?

posted over 8 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

Phuonglet, that’s exactly the same thing I’m wondering too!
Although I could get my sister to take photos if I wanted to, we have different tastes and the way she prefers to take photos doesn’t match my way so somehow, I don’t think it would work really well unless I told her how exactly I wanted each angle and shot. (>_<)

posted over 8 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Phuonglet and miki_girl – I’ve found it’s easier to use manual focus in the long run. You get the hang of how far you have to be pretty quickly, but if it’s tricky at first, you could use someone (or something – I’ve used my dog, a chair, etc.) to stand in.

If you have a fixed focal length lens with an aperture ring, use the markings to get a hang of it!

posted over 8 years ago

Phuonglet
Style_council
Phuonglet

Hi Catherinee, Thanks for the tips! I’ll play with my camera a little more and will let you know how it goes!

posted over 8 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

Thank you Catherinee! That helps! (^^)

posted over 8 years ago

locketandkey
Style_council
locketandkey

I had trouble with focusing on my camera too, and I hate asking people to take photos for me, so I ended up getting a remote! They’re really cheap and are very useful. All I do is point my remote and the camera focuses and then takes the picture. My camera has an option of waiting 2 seconds before taking the picture so you could hide the remote in your pocket before you take a picture.

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password